Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I'm Going to the Zoo Zoo Zoo. . .

Spent a fun and fabulous day at the zoo with Grandma Potter, Connie, Cory, & Celine. (warning: a ridiculous number of photos ahead) Since the I.F. zoo isn't terribly large and Jaden was just there not too long ago, I decided to add a little hunt to our viewing pleasure. I made up some clues about some of the animals there and they had to guess what the animal was. example:
 I live in a family called a Pride
 I'm a yellow color
 I'm a really big cat
 I can roar really loud
Did ya figure it out? Yeah so did Jaden. He got every single one of my animals from the clues. Smart kiddo.
I also made them some cute binoculars for them to view the animals with. The idea came from The Dating Divas 




 You lookin' at my baby?
 well I guess that's okay. In fact the baby kept trying to get away and the mommy would scoop him back up. 

 Olivia LOVED these little monkeys. She would stare and giggle. My guess is they reminded her of her daddy. ;)
 Just hangin' out





 When the zoo workers walked by with this shaved llama and alpaca, Bella put her hand up to her mouth and said "Oh My!"
 Jaden really liked watching the peacock. Bella wanted to pet it and take it home.

 The baby black swans have grown since we last saw them.





 This duck looked like a little marshmallow alien to me. I mean seriously if you didn't know it's beak was tucked under it's feathers you just have that one eye sticking up. Weird.
 The kiddos got to brush the goats. They seemed to like it, or at least tolerate it.


 Ah a lion. . . .water fountain.



 Olivia was showing Connie why I don't hold her so much anymore. Wiggly babe.


 Aww baby zebra





 When I got to the clue about the penguins I didn't even get a word out. Jaden already knew it was the only thing we hadn't seen yet.
 Not the comfiest way to sleep but hey she's sleeping anyhow.
 After the zoo we walked forever to a park where we snacked and played. So much fun.
Thanks all for the fun zoo trip!

No comments: