Monday the 7th my BF Sara came to stay with us for a week! Her hubby Nate has to work in California for 3 weeks and much to his and Sara's disappointment that meant missing Zsolt's first birthday! I didn't like her celebrating his big 1 with just the two of them in Montana so I invited them here to have a great joint party with Jaden! Zsolt turned 1 on the 10th & Jaden turns 2 on the 17th so we met in the middle and had a great party on the 12th. (more of that later).
While Sara was here she was a BIG help. She cleaned my kitchen (multiple times as it somehow keeps getting dirty), gave Jaden his baths, which he insisted on bathing whenever Zsolt did, baby sat when I had to go to my doctor's appointment, did some laundry, and probably a ton of other stuff too. Mostly she made the week fly by which is wonderful since every day seems like a week with this gigantic belly of mine. Zsolt also kept Jaden busy. He followed him everywhere. Jaden diligently tried to keep his toys to himself, but couldn't resist constantly seeing what Zsolt was up to also. Yesterday Morning Jaden said "Baby I don't know." I told him "Baby went bye bye, he went home with his mommy." To this Jaden sadly declared. "bye bye baby." I think he really enjoyed having Zsolt here, and despite his need to control everything (he was often saying "baby no no, naughty!") I think Jaden will make a great big brother. It was a good test run for him.
While here Sara also did several photo shoots. I love pictures! I even got daring enough to do a maternity shoot. I'll post each shoot in seperate posts as well as birthday stuff, but I thought I'd post some random highlights from Sara & Zsolt's stay. So what we always really want on a blog, here are the pictures. There are a TON of them with many more to come!
Jaden taking over the banging of the cupboards
Jaden insisted on pushing Zsolt's stroller around temple square. It is pretty much all we could get him to do.
There's our matching boys checking out the happenings outside.
Zsolt knawing on a zucchini, didn't like it cooked, but Mmm it's tasty raw!
Me & Sara showing of our cupcake piggys.
Jaden helping Ryan put together the new toy box he got for his birthday before we headed out for church
Below we have Jaden helping out with cooking Sunday dinner. Now that he has a kitchen set he is certain he knows everything there is to know about cooking.
First we need some flour.
Add a little water. check out his face, cooking is serious business.
Dip your plastic cookie into the mix. Mmmm that's tastey!
Last but certainly not least, me cooking barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. Just as Ryan says it should always be. Hee. Sara, thank you so much for coming and keeping us company and especially for all the time you spent taking pictures of us. We love you so much. Your family is welcome any time!
Stay tuned, MUCH more to come, could take me awhile to get it all up though.
2 comments:
Awww, I feel so special! A whole post just for us!! Hehe! I had a GREAT time!! Hope the weeks keep flying by for you. Zsolt has been kind of cranky the last two mornings as we've been alone - perhaps mom is no longer enough entertainment after Jaden. :)
Oh I am sooo jealous! I'm almost in tears wishing I could have been there with you two! Glad you had a good time, and can't wait to see the birthday party pics!
Post a Comment