Here's a picture intermission so I can give you the latest baby bump update. Bella is due the 14th of Oct, but my doc has decided if I would like he would induce a week early. Guess what I said? Heck Yeah!! So she is now scheduled to be induced on Oct. 7th. Yay!
On the not so pleasant side I now have to go to the doc twice a week! Even though my blood sugar has been kept well under control and Bella is at an ideal weight of just over 5lbs right now, the docs biggest concern is that with the gestational diabetes sometimes the placenta will pull away early resulting of course in a starved baby. Scary Much?
So on Tuesdays I now have my usual non-stress test where I'm strapped to a machine that records Bella's heartbeat for 30 min. minimum. During this time she MUST be awake and active. Poor thing gets pestered if she tries to fall asleep during the test. Then I also have a fluids check on Tues. with the ultrasound technition to make sure the placenta is still working as it should. Fun huh?
Then Thursdays I have my usual docter appointment with the ever so pleasant pelvic exam (please note the extreme sarcasm here as I hate that part very much).
But I am feeling rather optimistic what with having just 3 weeks left instead of 4, also I do like the convienience of being induced. I was with Jaden (cause he was late) and it went so smoothly I certainly have no problems doing that again. Plus my mom can plan to come that day instead of having to frantically rush down from Idaho to watch Jaden for us. Yay! Can't wait to see you Bella!
3 comments:
Yay for Bella coming early! Hang in there girlie!
I feel your pain. I had to do NSTs twice a week and fluid checks once a week. I guess I was lucky because I worked there though so I'd do NSTs over lunch.. hehe. I never did have to have my belly poked though, never heard of that placenta thing with diabetes.
Ooh goodie- a speific date is set- that must feel so good!! Good luck with the giant needles- I don't envy you.
Post a Comment