Friday, September 18, 2009

Heritage Park Shoot

Friday we took the kiddos to This is the Place Heritage Park. My mom accompanied us thankfully since we could always use some extra hands and eyes with these two. The park was really neat with pony rides, a petting zoo, a fun play area for the kids, train rides, and while we were there they even did a civil war reenactment, which we didn't go to since it was REALLY LOUD, but soo neat. There are also tons of old buildings to go through and some craft areas. I would love to go back some time when I'm not so pregnant and towing a 2 year old along.

Anyway, our goal of this shoot was to get some good "farm" pics of Jaden and Zsolt, preferrably together. Of course that's easier said than done. This first pic is the only really good one we got with them together and as you can see, we had to bribe them to sit still with some grahm crackers.

Once Jaden got over his fear of this big horsey, he really enjoyed the ride!

This was so funny, at the petting zoo Jaden was trying to pet this lamb but it kept walking away from him, not to be discouraged Jaden was determined to keep up until it stopped. Looks like he's pushing it along. Remember you can click on the pics for a bigger version.



There was a cool old school house where Jaden enjoyed drawing on the slate at the desk.

Here's how Ryan felt about the whole thing, he was so tired from us always dragging him around somewhere after work. He was a good sport though. . . mostly. ;o)
We got sooo many pictures from this shoot, I can't wait to see what edits Sara comes up with. Oh boy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the ones with Jaden chasing the lamb. They are having the fair up here, and they have a little rodeo where the kids ride the sheep (mutton I guess). It was so funny!

Barbara (NutsAboutGabe) said...

Oh my gosh. I love the "farm" pictures -- they look amazing. Sara is a great photographer and Jaden and Zsolt make great subjects even though photographing a child is not an easy task.

Sara said...

Hehe- you will definitely have to wait for edits since it's a while before I get back to my computer. But we did have a great time! I miss you :)