I volunteered to help out with Jaden's class on their school field trip to the Idaho Falls zoo. I got there before the buses and got the rundown from the zoo keeper lady. She said there would be 12 schools at the zoo that day and to be sure to keep close watch over the kids. She mentioned that the day before they caught a kid riding the turtle. Umm oops. So I started to get a little concerned. Watching a group of kindergarteners would be tricky enough, but to do so with SO MANY other kids around! Fortunately Jaden's class had so many parent volunteers that I only had Jaden and Nala. Phew! I can handle 2 kiddos easy peasy!
All the kindergarteners got these super cool sunglasses.
Baby Ducks! They're so fluffy!
There was a highschool biology class there. One of the boys bought some food at the petting zoo and gave some to Jaden to feed the goats.
The black swans had some little babies as well. They were gray and fluffy. Made me think of the ugly duckling. I loved it!
"The camel needs a hair cut mom"
Cranes
Jaden pretending to be a crane.
Riding a tiger is so cool!
Aww Baby zebra!
This silly thing was licking the glass. It made the kids laugh.
After we saw everything we headed to the park for lunch. Jaden had been asking what time it was every 10 minutes cause he was most excited about eating lunch. I let him pick it out himself. Peanut butter and honey, dried mango, cheetos, oreos, and a squeeze it. Yeah you'd be excited too wouldn't ya?
We found Jaden's friend Brady and sat with him and his mom.
After they were done with lunch they played tag.
Jaden even picked a dandilion for me. What a sweet boy. I really enjoyed the time with him. He said his favorite part was the monkeys, he might be part monkey himself. :) I'm so glad I went it was a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment