My mom found out she had a cyst on her optic nerve. She had to get surgery to have it drained. While she and my dad were gone I went over to their house to get Cory dinner and stay the night with him. Fortunately he had a wonderful nurse and her husband come in and get him into bed and out of bed in the morning, so all we had to do was make food, eat, clean up, take care of the animals, and catch up on some quality Doctor Who. :) Doesn't seem bad I know, and it wasn't really but it was time I wasn't at home getting all my other stuff done. ;) Also Ryan was working that week in Colorado sooo we did it all without him.
The kiddos thought it was a blast! The loved getting "bootiful" ice cream cones for dessert (this is a must have at grandma's house. Even if Grandma isn't there I suppose), feeding the donkeys carrots, & bringing in the eggs. They also enjoyed the change of scenery and played pretty well together. They thought the extended slumber party was great (although Bella kept coming and sleeping with me in the middle of the night). They really loved it, though they really missed having Grandma there to play with.
Awesome sand castle!
Well it kept her busy while I did dishes so I'm happy.
It was 100 degrees out but the kids really wanted to swing.
and she's done.
I really was trying to get a video of how darn cute she was talking to herself in the mirror, but as soon as she saw I was doing something with the tablet she had to come check it out. She really loved playing on Grandma's bed.
that would have been fine and dandy for the week, but then this happened:
Olivia got Roseola. Started out as a fever and as soon as that was done she got a crazy rash all over her body. Poor dear was miserable. She had a hard time sleeping and so of course so did I. I've also decided water beds just aren't for me. It was a loooong week because nights were no longer for sleeping.
Anyhow, Olivia got better, Ryan got home, my parents got home, and my Mom though certainly not all well, had survived the ordeal. I got caught up on Doctor Who and got to chat with my favorite younger brother so all turned out just dandy. :)










No comments:
Post a Comment