Friday, February 22, 2013

Frantic February

I've been having a bit of a hard time the past few weeks. As I mentioned the girls got RSV, but thankfully they healed up just fine. Shortly after I got a sinus infection. For the first time I remember the infection went to my ears. The ear pain was intense and kept me up at night. I went to the Urgent care and she said I had some wax in one ear, but she could tell from the other that it was infected and prescribed some Amoxacillin . 

In a few days I was no better, in fact my ears started feeling very clogged like I was hearing things from underwater. So on Valentine's Day I went back to urgent care and saw another Dr. They cleaned out my ear wax (which was super gross by the way) and he said my ears were VERY infected. So he told me to keep taking the Amoxacillin and to put in some medicated ear drops as well and to take sudafed to try and clear out the ear congestion. 

Thinking thing would surely get better now that the wax was gone I was feeling pretty optimistic. . . but it didn't get better. The clogged feeling continued and the pain didn't even go away. I was taking sudafed 3 times a day and IBprofen and Tylonal a couple times a day for the pain. Yeah I was getting concerned. I went to an actual ear Dr. last Wed. He said that my ears are still infected. It's an outer ear infection. That I have 3 layers of dead infected layers over my ear drum and that's why it's clogged and not congestion. (No wonder none of the home remedies for ear congestion was working). He prescribed me a different ear drop, noting that about 50% of people are a bit allergic to the one I was using and it could have been adding to the swelling. Sheesh. I wondered why I was prescribed that in the first place, but soon found out why at the pharmacy when I found out this new ear drop cost $150 Yikes!

Well it's now Friday and though the pain is less the clogged feeling is just as bad. I'm going crazy from 2 weeks of muffledness. (though it is kinda nice when the kids are being loud. hee.) Monday I'll be making and appointment to go into the ear doctors office in Pocatello to have him surgically remove that dead infected skin. Then that should be THAT! Eesh!

Also that will be my 4 doctor visits a year that my insurance allows sooooo no more getting sick the rest of the year. . . 

Anyway, although that's been annoying, life goes on and my kiddos are adorable. 
  

Olivia thinks she's so big and tries to sit up out of everything. Good thing this has a seatbelt!


Watching TV with Bella and Monkey. (don't worry the red mark on her cheek is just from laying on the floor.)

5 rambunctious boys on the trampoline. How long till someone gets hurt? Well the all were actually safe and sound. . . . . . this time.

 An apple a day. . . Bella really does eat an apple or 2 a day. She loves the things, just wishing they weren't so expensive right now. 

Bella was so nice to cook some bacon and eggs for Olivia. She really wants to eat them but just gets the seat instead.
 Which makes her mad. 
 Mom, just give it to me already!


No comments: