I thought I'd let Jaden create something for Daddy like he did last year, but this time I was more prepared, what happened last year? you can see that here: http://ryanandrachelyancey.blogspot.com/2008/06/daddys-card.html
So this time I decided to get some finger paint. Washable it said, but I was ready just in case. I put garbage bags over EVERYTHING! Jaden knew something was up and was pretty excited!
At first he wasn't sure what to do with the paint. "Eat it? I am in the high chair after all." But it only took me to dip his finger in the paint then on the paper, and he was on his way!
I told Jaden to show me his hand. He was happy to oblige. So proud to be messy!
Here's our works of art. Yup I had to get in on the action too. Jaden thought that was pretty funny.
Clean up was a snap! Just threw all the garbage bags away, and what do you know, it really was washable paint! Even came out of my shirt! (yeah I should have extended my precautions to myself. hee)My other idea to spoil Ryan came from Bakerella. cute little cupcake hamburgers and sugar cookie fries. What was I thinking? I don't bake! It was so hot from all the baking and my feet hurt so bad, i had many things go not quite right, but Saturday morning I did get something close enough to eat.
We were happy to spoil Dad a bit. Ryan is such a good father! Jaden missed him lots while he was gone and was so happy to play with him all day Sunday. I love that Ryan helps me out so much around the house, he'll even change a poopy diaper now and again. What a great husband I have. Jaden and Bella are so lucky to have him as a Daddy!
cop0y.jpg)
3 comments:
Wow! I think your Bakerella burgers turned out great! I'm so jealous - I'll definitely have to try those out some day. I'm also glad you had easy clean up. Plus, I think one of those pictures is the first time I've really seen all of Jaden's teeth- when did he get those??
Those cupcakes look great! Almost made me take an impromptu trip to In 'n Out Burger. Good thing there's not one nearby!
Yor hambuger and fries are adorable! I love it! The first pic of Jaden is so cute!
Post a Comment