Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentines & The Making of. . .

I was so excited when Jaden's pre-school Valentine's Day party was announced! Yay I finally get to make fun Valentine's again!

I saw this super cute idea on Summertime Design's Blog and couldn't resist giving it a try myself they turned out so cute I think.
 Bella's says: Bella wants you to have this. . . Maybe.   Her little photoshoot wasn't real fun as you'll see in just a minute
Oh my gosh look at that boys adorable face! He can be my Valentine any day. :)

Now I had a great morning planned for this photoshoot as well as hoping for some sweet Valentine shots like I got last year but alas it was not to be. Bella started out cranky and the only way I could get her hand in the right position was to actually give her the lollipop that I later phoshopped out of the photo. Of course giving her a lolly and just making her hold it made her even more mad. 
"MOOOOMMMM Open IT!"

As you can see from the bottom row there, once the lolly was opened, all was right in the world again. Of course my other planned shots were now done for cause of course Jaden had to have his lolly as well. They then completely disregarded my carefully put up backdrop and went to sit on an overturned toy crate to enjoy their lollipops together.
Super frustrated at this point I was about to put my camera away when the smile returned to my face. What do I need to pose these kids for? They are super adorable just being themselves. :) 
They enjoyed the mimic eachother eating style, the examine the lolly style and of course the "does your lolly taste like my lolly" style. 
Umm that last row there may be evidence of how Bella ended up with Jaden's sore throat. If they weren't so gosh darn cute maybe I would have attempted to stop them. 

Did you think I was done with Valentine's? NO! I also saw this adorable idea from Julie at Ginerscraps and of course couldn't resist it either. So I picked up Julie's Cootie Catcher Template from the store and made up some pre-school friendly valentine cootie catchers. 

credits:
Cootie Catcher template - Creations by Julie
truck- Rambunctious bundle of boy - GS collab
dino - Dino buddies by Harmonystar
bunny - cute and cuddly 1 by Harmonystar
frog - Li'l froggy by Harmonystar
paper for top squares - Harmonystar
paper and numbers - Down the bunny trail by GS Designers
Candy hearts by Gunhild


These were for my 3yr old's preschool class so to play the top we used syllables (1 for frog, 3 for dinosaur) then numbers cause they can count really well. Then there's little candy heart graphics on the inside and the winner gets that color heart from the box of candy hearts each kid got. They had lots of fun with them!


It was a tad tricky for their little fingers to maneuver, but once they got the hang of it they had a great time playing with each other.   

2 comments:

Angie said...

How cute are you! What a good mom you are. I am so bookmarking these pages for next year :)

Sara said...

Hahaha! I love those little valentines with the lollipops. So creative and fun! And I like the impromptu shoot better anyway, those kids are just darling!